By: Lisa Chai, Sr Research Analyst & Erica Allaby, Content Manager
When it comes to tracking our online orders as customers, we have one concern and one concern only: a delivery date and time. But what happens when we pull the curtain back to expose the multi-step, back-end process required of retail fulfillment today? The answer is more complex than you might imagine.
In this report, we’ll provide a better understanding of the current logistics environment and why the supply chain is broken. More importantly, we’ll take a deep dive into how and where technology can be applied to fix it and the innovative companies paving a new, more efficient logistics roadmap.
Table of Contents
- Re-evaluating the Logistics Roadmap
- Building Supply Chains That Fuel Growth: Discussions with the Decision Makers
- Overarching Challenges for Retailers
- Delivery Demand: The Complexity of Transportation
- Reverse Logistics: The Complicated Process of Returning Products
- Investable Technology Companies Transforming the Supply Chain
- Private Companies Developing Autonomous Technologies for the Supply Chain
- Investing in the Smart Supply Chain of the Future